Quit WeightWatchers last Monday after getting on the scales at 86.7kg. I was lazy on it, I admit. I didn’t give it my all. So back to MyFitnessPal I go.
Started counting calories/exercising properly and have dropped 3.1kgs this week… Back down to 83.6kgs.
Through exercise I burned 1,699 calories (my goal is 1,050) this week. Two spin classes, BodyPump and 6 hours of walking yesterday non-stop (reckon I did at least 15-20,000 steps!).
Reasons I need to stick to calorie counting
- Going to Bali in December, bikini would like to be worn…
- To fit comfortably into my club (work day/match day) suit
- Because of B being so athletic and toned it makes me look like a loser
- When I see people I haven’t seen in ages they actually think I look slimmer and better than I did the last time they saw me
- So my size 10 Country Road jeans fit nicely with no muffin top
- So I can wear my sisters clothes…
HERE’S TO WEIGHTLOSS.
I’m not dead. Just big boned and counting calories.
Addicted to this right now. I’ve taken this WW recipe and made it into something I love even more for less ProPoints. It’s a yummy alternative to porridge in the warmer months.
The recipe says it serves 2 but I like to stretch it out to 3 because it’s a lot of oats and I add more 0 pt fruit to bulk it back up.
- 2/3 cup rolled oats (not quick oats, traditional rolled oats)
- 160ml apple juice (find one with no added sugar)
- 1/2 cup low-fat natural yoghurt (I use Nestle Soleil Vanilla yogurt for the added creamy flavour and lower ProPoints)
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, peeled, grated
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 28g sultanas
Place all ingredients in a a bowl and stir to combine. Divide into 3 tuppaware containers and refrigerate overnight.
In the morning, nuke a handful of mixed frozen berries in the microwave for 30 seconds. Add berries and two tablespoons of apple sauce (no added sugar variety, 0 ProPoints again) to the bircher and NOM AWAY.
Option: Instead of the sultanas, you can add almond flakes or sunflower seeds for extra protein.
[I find that pre-packaging the bircher into containers makes it easier for me to grab a serve on my way to work. I usually put the serving of berries in a ziplock bag and by the time I’ve driven to work they are de-frosted]
The best thing about gaining a couple (ok a few…) extra kilos over Christmas is that when you go back on WeightWatchers, it’s such a shock to your system that you can easily drop 1-2kgs in the first week.
Joined Weight Watchers again for 3 months [my friend J joined with me, we both need to get our shit together. Our other friend N is doing the MyFitnessPal calorie thing].
Took two weeks off work, didn’t go to the gym, gained weight. No surprises there.
4 weeks until the end of 2012 and to get my ass back into gear.
Back at work tomorrow which means REGIME… breakfast, lunch, dinner, exercise. Keeping my mind busy.
By December 31, I just want to weigh less than 85-86 which is what I weighed last Xmas… it’s my aim each year to weigh less than I did at a certain point the year before. I’m on the right track…
On Saturday, J, N and I are doing 1000 steps, yewwww!!